A vinaigrette is super simple to make and takes but a few minutes to put together. This recipe can be modified to your liking easily: switch basil for parsley for example, add a tablespoon of honey to sweeten it a little, add more vinegar for more tanginess. Play with it, have fun and enjoy this vinaigrette on a salad or as a marinade for your preferred meat.
- 1 cup of good quality oil: I mix my oils because I like the taste. I usually have 1/2 cup of organic olive oil, 1/4 cup of avocado oil and 1/4 of mct oil because I like to be in ketosis. But you could do a full cup of olive oil if you wanted. I don't recommend using coconut oil for this vinaigrette as it will congeal too much. And for goodness's sake, don't use crappy oils like canola or vegetable!
- 1/3 cup of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of organic dijon mustard
- 1 packet of basil leaves if you buy your herb at the store, or 1 packed cup if you grow it
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a mason jar. Using a hand mixer, buzz all the ingredients together. Simple!
- If you don't have a hand mixer, put all the ingredients in a blender and buzz.